Friday, March 26, 2010

Course Assingments

I found the second major course assignment to be very useful. After researching about the specific organization to do the paper on I found it useful to have gained the knowledge I learned about that organization. It’s always useful when learning about an organization such as the World Wildlife Federation, the organization my group chose. Just knowing about what the WWF does and how I could help if I wanted to was important information that I was glad to have learned about. The essay itself was also very useful too. Finding how the organization used emotionally appealing advertisements was useful to me. It showed me how not only this organization but many others use emotion in their ad’s to lure you into their cause. Learning about this has definitely made me more aware of any ad that uses emotional appeal to see whether this cause is something that I am passionate about or something that is just emotionally appealing to me. For example my group used an ad the WWF had that played on peoples emotions using September 11th and relating it to Brazil Tsunami in May 2009. Emotional appeal is how a lot of these organizations draw people in to them. It was useful for me to be able to better understand and analyze advertisements and see what different concepts that these ads are trying to relay. The second paper was useful to me in many ways and I am glad I learned a lot from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment